Saturday, April 9, 2022

SS 3.19.22 Hernia Memory

 I have not painted since December 2021. "Hernia Memory" is my first painting after I recovered from double eye surgery which eliminated my astigmatism but removed my ability to see close up but gifted me with long distance vision. I have to use reading glasses the rest of my artistic days & nights! This painting is the enlargement of a teenee scar on my sister's tummy as she recovered from hernia surgery done in January. The healing scar saturated with sodium nitrate looked like a desolate landscape or seafood! It was a joy to paint it with newly bought watercolor from Blicks during their closing out sale. 


3 comments:

  1. And people did not appreciate my painting of my intestinal polyps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great series of portraits—you haven’t lost your touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to comment on this! I love it as an abstract. Hearing the background story, though, makes me think two things: a) I guess you CAN find beauty in everything, and b) maybe paintings should come with warnings (like movies) for the squeamish.

    ReplyDelete