Saturday, April 23, 2022

Flowers by Alan

 So, I got this rather abstract photo of a daffodil that I thought would make an interesting Yupo painting. I worked at it until I couldn’t think of anything else to do. 



I’m not done with it yet but I don’t know what else to do. 

I thought that Sara was correct that I should define the grapes more in my grape sketch, so I did that. I think she was right. I was past that watercolorey thing anyway. 


Then I tried to redo the lilies in my front yard by doing a wash first and then cut the lilies out but it didn’t really work so I added some color to the background thereby ruining the best wash I’ve ever done on Yupo but it was too boring without it. More like a bad science project. 




Still got more flowers to do. 


2 comments:

  1. Flowers and Yupo work so well together! The daffodil is lovely. I don't know what else to do either... except maybe strengthen the shadows? I really love the lilies. The color choices are great—this reminds me a bit of a Japanese woodblock print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark green lives behind it seems like the obvious background for the daffodil, but that does not mean it is wrong,

    ReplyDelete