Sunday, April 10, 2022

SS 04.09.22 Wisdom & Grace

I am so happy to watch the "coming out" party of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson at the White House Lawn this week. It is a welcome respite from the Covid pandemic & the War on Ukraine. Judge delivered an eloquent speech of gratitude & history. It felt good to be a part of a momentous event. Since I paint from the diary of my life, I knew my painting this week is about her Wisdom & Grace. She has an  expressive face which exhibited tears of joy & also  displayed patience & intelligence especially during the days of confirmation hearings. I used colors of mauve, burnt umber, burnt sienna, sap green, ultra blue for facial features. For the hair, I used sepia & neutral tint. I hope I did her "justice". 

2 comments:

  1. Susan, I'm commenting once for all your recent flurry of portraits. You've found your style! These are so beautiful. If it's even partly a result of your surgery, it's a happy side effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do the same thing as Elaine. I think I like your doctor the best.

    ReplyDelete