Saturday, April 30, 2022

Alan. More flowers-it’s spring



 I finished the green lily painting. 

I liked my wisteria sketch so much that I decided to do a loose more formal version. It was just relaxing to pick out all those purples, violets, and rose colors and then loosely add them to the flower. I also liked the background.



Then I tried a still life by creating a value drawing of a bouquet. 


And did it in watercolor graphite. 



I finally painted it but lost the vitality of the sketch. I’m gonna try it again using a different technique. 



Here it is. 





4 comments:

  1. Just my opinion but I think sometimes too many drawings can ruin the painting. Nothing wrong with doing the drawings, but when you pick up your paintbrush you should put away the drawings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that’s a good idea. Everything in the drawing should be instinctual now anyway.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lilies and wisteria are lovely. The delicate feeling really suits the floral subjects. I like the second, more vibrant painting of the cut flowers. The colors seem to be more like the character of those flowers--sturdy, strong and colorful.

    ReplyDelete