Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Silos and lilies



 I finished the simple farm painting on Yupo. I made the sky a bit more dramatic because, well, art. And I made some other changes because Greeta suggested them.


I’m doing some studies of a lily that I’m trying to paint.  The first one is  value painting done on photo paper.  The paper didn’t work in the printer so I thought I’d try to paint like Yupo on it.  The trouble is that once the paint hits the paper-that’s it.  I did like something about it though and, for a value drawing, it 




I used the same medium to do a color version.


Then I tried it in my sketchbook.



And now I’m doing an enlarged version on Yupo. It has a nice feel to it already. 




5 comments:

  1. Really
    Ike the farm painting. That blue sky was the right touch. You’ve mastered yupo: it shows in the control of the paint in the buildings. All the water lilies are compelling for different reasons, but I particularly like the value study - mysterious and moody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought maybe Sarah was off the beam on that value study but then I enlarged it, and yeah, it's the winner. It's spidery and mysterious and I like the finger painting in the lower right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same for me! I like the farm painting a lot. You manage to get such wonderful textures on Yupo. I really like the value study of the lily. Great depth and mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your value study on photo paper (of all things) looks amazing. I hope you do some more. And your most recent yupo version already looks great. I think the combination of thin, black marker with loose, colorful paint ends up diminishing both.

    ReplyDelete