Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Ss The Antique Corner

 I just realized recently that I could paint portions of my house interior as inspiration & that other artists have made a series or collection of this fascinating subject. This painting was inspired by the Antique Corner or the  wall separating the dining area from our petite kitchen. The oval mirror and table were purchased from an antique shop in Andersonville.The mail basket is the remnant of the fruit basket received as holiday gift. The table clock was a gift from a cousin who retired to Ph. The wind chimes or dinner caller was an early purchase as newlyweds, so it now qualified as an antique. The cute globe pencil sharpener was a travel souvenir from NZ. The newest members of this set up are 3 container gardens of the orchid, the pothos & the snake.  Included at top right is a landscape painting of a man & woman walking thru a tropical forest painted circa August 2008. Bamboo Forest, the painting, was my first complete art work in Watercolor. I remembered, my husband was on   out of town audit assignment, that day,  thus I was able to paint on a flow   and without interruption! During the Saturday showtime last week, I felt that this art work done during the class was still incomplete. At home, I retained the cerulean blue background of the wall and I like its chalky nature. However, I ad


ded a darker bottom on the interior. I enhanced the objects of the painting to give them volume and body. And past midnight, I rested!

5 comments:

  1. The additions really elevated the painting. I especially like the shadows and reflections you've added. Even without explanations, everything in this painting has a sense of importance and story. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like a jigsaw puzzle with every piece having its place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great composition! It just leads my eye right through it. The colors give it a lovely nostalgic feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thinking, Susan. The shadowing did make a noticeable difference and just highlighted everything. It's all so cozy. Your series makes me want to visit your house.

    ReplyDelete