Friday, November 17, 2023

Two Feet from the Floor

 Good day fellow artists! Just to say hello to all & I miss you & the art of making art. I just joined the latest exhibit at Downtown Cultural Center of CAVA, Chicago Alliance of Visual Artists, " Later Impressions" from November 6, 2023 to first week of January 2024. In the midst of my caregiving duties, I managed to submit my Watercolor painting at exactly 2pm. November 6 Monday, dead heat. Thus, the only space left  for my 9x12 painting is 2 feet up from the floor, second row from the corner of western wall of Renaissance Center. The opening reception was on November 16 Thursday afternoon & the award winning art works were all (how come I was not surprised!


) Non Watercolor! The Best in Show was a painting of a series of black stripes or black fence on a white canvas! I do not understand that painting! Truly a judge prerogative! Anyway, my entry, was a winter scene of my Andersonville alley after a big snowfall. It was painted during the pandemic early 2021. My Watercolor art class gave this Art Work a positive review. Thanks for your warm feedback! Happy Painting to All! 

4 comments:

  1. Yes--I saw this painting at the Cultural Center! I also remember you painting it. It's a lovely little slice of life about winter in Chicago. I just looked at the paintings, but now I have to go back and see what paintings were awarded prizes. Hope to see you in class again soon. Best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan, how nice to see you on the blog, if not in real life! And with such a lovely little painting of Chicago life-soon-to-be. We all miss you terribly in class. And as Elaine says, best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there on Wednesday, November 15! After attending Ruth’s citizenship ceremony and lunching at the Walnut Room, we showed Andrew & Ruth around the Cultural Center. Alas, after traipsing up and down the grand staircases, visiting the Tiffany domes and galleries, we rested our tootsies in the Renaissance Room, only taking in the painting from the comfy chairs! I will go back for a better view! Miss you Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there also earlier this week, but I was up to something and gave it a quick look and just took in the bigger paintings hung at eye level. Just barely remember that painting and will be dropping by for a better look. And so good to hear from you. Your desk by the door looks lonely without you.

    ReplyDelete