Sunday, November 19, 2023

Still out on that limb


 Normally I paint Sunday morning so that I will have something new for those who were in class.  Have lost my vision on this thing.  Normally my painting is jibber jabbing at me soon as I ease it out of the portfolio had nothing to say.  When I pester it for a suggestion of just where to begin, it just shrugs and says, "Oh do whatever you want. It don't make no nevermind to me."  Stared at it this morning and nothing.  I should just do something big and risky and quick and gitter done so I can move on to, hell I don't know where.

Suggestions of a new series from the class will be accepted on this blog.

4 comments:

  1. I don’t know why this painting isn’t talking to you — it’s saying orange and green and yellow, little dots and wandering lines to me. Just paint those three blank sections. Start with blue, any blue. Or red. Or purple. This painting has a lot more going for it than you give it credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, carry on. Those red lines were inspired. Now listen a little harder to this painting. It's much more worth of attention than you seem to think. As for the next series? How about snow and/or snow scenes? Knowing your love of white space, that should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems to me to be the most interesting "leaf" painting yet. At least that one section of it is, and the section above it is starting to happen. Maybe you should start listening more to the painting and stop bossing it around so much. I also agree with Sara, et. al. Yeah, leaves for Fall, snow and ice for Winter.

    ReplyDelete