Monday, November 13, 2023

Out on a limb


 When I asked Pat what she didn't like about those six major veins she said that they were dumb, so I tried to make the rest of the painting dumb so they would work well with each other.

Seriously though I am really out on a limb with this one.  Stared at it for maybe half an hour before dipping my brush into the water, and then carrying on almost randomly.  Still don't know what I am doing, waiting for that one stray brushstroke that hopefully will take me somewhere.

5 comments:

  1. The complement of yellow is purple. The complement of green is red. Start painting….

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's still early days, so maybe it will come together. However, my question is this: are you out on a limb about this particular painting, or have you said all you can say about the series and is it done? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now this particular painting. No thoughts right now about what comes next. Normally I am in a bit of a rush to get my 16 Ten Cat paintings done right away so that if something should come up I could have them ready. But I learned Friday that the new owner does not want to continue the art show thing, so I really don't know what I am going to do. This particular painting has a lot of paint on it, and I think I will just slather it on until I get somewhere or maybe the paper goes bad.

      Delete
    2. I have had the thought that this would happen from the moment it was sold. It was a unique venue and didn’t cost the owner anything so wonder what plan he might have for those windows. Bummer.

      Delete