Saturday, July 29, 2023

Lethargy Painting….





 I just tried to paint something everyday…I guess four out of seven isn’t too shabby. I wasn’t overly committed to producing masterpieces…I’m still down with a sinus infection, so sometimes I had to drag myself into the paint room, but once I got there I was ok. A little experimentation with color mixing on the top and bottom paintings. I’m still working on the second Quinn portrait, but I like it. Still trying to master skin color …how to darken it without going dirty looking. …and blond hair, the same issue. 

4 comments:

  1. Good for you. I’ve forced myself when sick or in distress and painting has taken me away from the problem.

    I like the Quinns. My written recipe for blonde sez lemon cad yel light+sml amt raw siena. Dry. Then wash with whatever used on skin. Highlight w/yellow ochre/shDe w/winsor violet. But a darker background makes blonde easier, I think.

    Like the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that Quinn, I would have to say, she wears an expression well, or maybe it is the artist. I love those foreground chairs, but that table is that like Cezanne tilting his table so that the lemons could stand out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the ghost chairs in the foreground and the shadows under the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you--painting while ill. It's inspiring. I like the Quinns, especially the second one. You're stopping before you make her look too old and she still has that glow of a child's skin. That's not easy. I like the table, too--all the different neutrals with the single green focus. The glass top really works well, too.

    ReplyDelete