Monday, July 17, 2023

Alan in Chicago 5

 Begonias in my yard. I lightened up certain petals and tried to remember that this is a quick sketch.  


Not too happy with the colors and luminosity of this watercolor lily. I also got lost in the petals. I’ll try water soluble crayons again after Amazon delivers them to my house. 


My neighbor’s lilies need some more definition for each petal. I’ll add ink lines like a contour drawing later. Maybe I’ll use a tombow pen which will bleed into the paint. 


Philodendron on Yupo. Just the beginning. Painted with no drawing. Hard to keep each leaf straight. 









2 comments:

  1. Those leaves look like green fishies. Give them eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flowers. How thick are you planning to go with the Tombow marker? I think either thick or thin would work actually. Keep the movement in those leaves!

    ReplyDelete