Sunday, July 30, 2023

Alan in Chicago 7

 Changed some of the details in this sketch per instructions from Ken. Like it better and remembered that it’s just a sketch.


I finished the philodendron painting on Yupo. Realizing that I had no idea of what I would paint for class, I took a couple photos of the plant on the way out of the house. I got to class and edited and cropped it and then just free painted the composition. And then I just free balled it to get to here. Didn’t worry about structure just color. And fun!


Have a ways to go on my son-in-law’s portrait. A lot of detail work to do but I may be on the right track. I started this on hot press so I’m learning more about painting on that. Don’t hate it as much as before. I might do it again on rough or something else but would lose the brunette in the red top in the background. I can’t make up my mind yet. 



2 comments:

  1. That blue shirt is a masterpiece! I like the brunette in the red top- she sets the atmosphere and place so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the philodendrons. They seem to work well on Yupo. And the plaid shirt is great! I like the brunette--she adds atmosphere and her shirt defines his facial edges. If you do lose her, it'll be harder to place him. Maybe add other diners instead of losing her. Anyway, whatever you decide, I like his face and glasses a lot

    ReplyDelete