Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Alan in Chicago 6

 Well, here’s what you can do with yellows and reds. I didn’t like the lines I added but some other people did. . 


This is a combination of water soluble crayons, watercolor, and a tombow pen on 140 coldpress. 

Still working on the philodendron. Starting to like it. Took out some color by scratching and will try to fix the background. Watercolor on Yupo. 


Began a portrait of my son in law at The Dock. Need to get more sand in there. 140# hot press. 


3 comments:

  1. I'm one of the "others" who like the lines...and we're right! It feels like leaded glass and really makes the panels glow. I think those philodendron leaves are perfect on Yupo and want to see what you do with the background. Same for the portrait. I really like the background; now put him in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bold lines too, though not so much as those thin meandering lines. Those philodendron leaves looked out of control, but then I googled the plant and that's the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the lines define all the movement of the red flowers. It has a strong graphic look, very “in your face, here I am” feel. The philodendron really pops against that dark gray background. It needs to be everywhere! Great start on the portrait.

    ReplyDelete