Sunday, March 19, 2023

The last punkin


 Well here he is.  The background in the photo was scraps of dead plants against a background of blackish dirt.  Seemed ho hum to me so I popped it up a bit.  Maybe too much but I never know when I am done until I have overdone.  Think dark and stormy night, yeah, that's the ticket.


I've been messing a  bit with yupo, doing those symmetric designs that I do,  but Thursday I decided to try to paint actual things, and here is a boat just after St Patrick's day, and the sun rising about a week before the equinox. 

3 comments:

  1. A fitting denouement to Pete the pumpkin. I like the way you've abstracted the shapes and enhanced the graphic quality. Nice series! I am seriously blown away by the water in your river painting. It sparkles and moves. I think you've discovered your sweet spot in working with Yupo--more painterly brushstrokes than flat illustrative fields. We need to see more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This last pumpkin is very graphic— in style not content.but I like it and the background. Yeah, what are those greens in that water? I’ve been trying to get those colors….like the sunrise with the building but I think the sky should be orange…very Georgia okeeffe/Arthur Dove feel….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the Houston Texans logo with dementia. Keep going with that Yupo.

    ReplyDelete