Sunday, March 19, 2023

Alan in Mississippi 2

 OK. These are some small sketchbook paintings I’ve been doing. 

This is a weird little courtyard in Paducah that I liked. The back wall is all ceramic tile. 



I told you. Bunnies (or bunny) as an exercise for class. It’s amazing how many versions of the same picture are done. This one’s on Yupo. 


When we got to Mississippi the azaleas were in full bloom and I was going to paint plein aire around the neighborhood but we had a serious thunderstorm and the next day they were all gone. Luckily Greeta had taken some photos so I managed to get a painting out of one of her pictures. I did spend a little more time on this one. 


Another street in Paducah. I’m trying to paint these very loosely but I feel compelled to stay within the lines. After all, I drew them. 


A very loose painting of a clover field (where a bunny might play). 


I painted this as an exercise in negative painting. I cheated by using some masque on the clover flowers so I wouldn’t forget to save the white. 


6 comments:

  1. I like the colors of the azaleas and the delicate colors in the clover flowers. But my very favorites are the buildings, particularly the street scene where the organic lines of the tree balances all the straight lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I really like the buildings too, especially that watery blue building. Your stuff reeks of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long did you spend in Paducah? I remember it more as a stop to buy a pop and take a pea and then move on to some glamour city. Bunny looks like he has Saturday Night Fever. Nice restraint on the clovers. The second clovers don't miss any bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. No, I meant peas, as in did you pick up a big sack of goober peas.

      Delete
  5. We took no vegetables out of Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete