Saturday, March 11, 2023

Alan in Mississippi

 I did this ink drawing of a cultural center in Paducah KY and loosely painted that. I used an app called Grid Painter for help  with perspective.



I did a quick contour drawing of an old glider in the front yard. I drew it with one of those markers that diffuses when hit with liquid so things got dark too quickly. I’ll try again with India ink that won’t run. 



In class we worked on shadows with several different components using Easter eggs as the base. Never thought I’d be doing this but it was fun. Bunnies next. What can I say?


Lastly I did a cocktail painting of a Cosmopolitan on the dock on Harwood Lake. They say not to stack elements on top of each other (stacky is tacky) but I thought that the clouds coming out of the drink is what made it special. 







5 comments:

  1. Nice perspective on the cultural center, but I don't know what a grid painter is. Couldn't you just use a vanishing point and a straight edge? That glider is growing on me, just the right amount of whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just puts a Grid on the picture in your phone. I used a vanishing point and a ruler and a light grid on the paper.

      Delete
  2. You've been prolific! I like the uninked edges of the shadows against the pen/ink work of the building. The glider is fine! Far from being too dark, it has the feel of being in the shade. I like the drink. There is a story there. It looks like it belongs on the cover of a vacation paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All small so they don’t take as much time. 5 X 7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the delightful colors of the cosmo painting!

    ReplyDelete