Sunday, November 27, 2022

Couples Redux….


 Here’s my second attempt of this double portrait. I made a few changes to the background that improve the composition imo. I also redrew Andrew’s face and hand. I like the way I painted the background, but I’m going to darken the sky a bit more. (I redrew her face & can't seem to get rid of the previous outline.) Still debating on the blanket color. I love, love, love this 300lb Stonehenge 100% cotton paper. It absorbs the paint so well. I really like where this is going & Hope I don’t ruin it in the next few hours….

4 comments:

  1. The background works much better now. The emphasis is on them. Can you add shading or something to draw us to his hand touching her? That's the only thing that seems to get lost. And your new palette is so sophisticated—I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the background better, but I don't like her as much. Maybe because her hair is no longer frizzy. Interesting the black of her hair, his shirt, and her pants standing out against the pastel of the background. I'd like a pattern on that rug, How about some stripes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah stripes, or something. Imo the background is a good start but there needs to be a lot more color. Water is the same value as the sky and dunes. Ask the “old masters” about Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn’t know that it was Sara until Ken told me. Forget asking the old masters since you are one.

    ReplyDelete