Sunday, January 16, 2022

Try, try again….


 Here’s my second attempt at the tree shadow. It’s painted better but overall it’s somehow less interesting imo. Maybe it’s the composition….



Here are some of my morning sketches, which is about all I’ve been doing lately. I do one a day and spend maybe 20 minutes n it. The top ones are just gel pen, the bottom ones I also used Pitt pens. I have a set of five or six in shades of gray to black. Handy for adding value, but I’m also trying to work on my crosshatching with just the pen. The pens ones look very cartoonish to me, as in Ron Chast, Gahan Wilson, etc., as in messy cartoonish….

4 comments:

  1. Those sketches are amazing! Cartoonish, maybe, but in the best possible way, like "professional" cartoonish. These look like they'd be sought after and commissioned for print. Also, they have a narrative to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers and Robert Crum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your furniture has so much character. Right at home in your interiors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sketches are the bees knees, Sara. Everything about this is delicious. Everything. Your tree shadow looks goo too. You may need to re-look at value differences between outside and inside to get the balance just right...

    ReplyDelete