Sunday, January 9, 2022

Some more girls


 Well the same girls actually.  Just another shot at them, a little better I think, learning as I paint how better to handle sepia, a little more knowledge of the maps of their faces, still debating with myself which is more important having a painting that looks good or having a painting that looks like the image.  Actually I have always believed that the former was more important, but still you have to go the image to look for clues about what made you like it.

Two weeks till class and success or failure I will abandon the girls for the next series.  No idea what that will be at this time.

4 comments:

  1. Are these sepia? They seem cool for sepia and more like neutral tint. I like the idea of doing monochrome value studies. They DO give you a feel for the topography of the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Matisse or maybe Picasso….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yar, if Pablo and Henri had broken arms and were wearing each other's glasses.

      Delete
  3. My goodness, this is the second time I've attempted to comment and it's disappeared. hmmmm. Anyway, the monochromatic approaches is really working for you, giving more definition to their features. Probably helps since the photos are B&W as well. They all have full circle/moon faces. If you wanted, you could also look at the shape of their faces/heads like you've looked at each of their features...

    ReplyDelete