Sunday, January 2, 2022

some girls

This is my third of fourth attempt at the puddle girls.  My plan is to do the whole painting in sepia and then maybe add just a bit of raw or burnt sienna, or something like that,  I have realized that not only do I like the subjects of the painting, but I like the look of the old photograph which when you try to enlarge it has a lot of imperfections,  Still at the first step of this project, using sepia, which for a staining, sooty color comes off looking soft and silky.

They look grotesque at this point but there are things I like about them.  I want to keep the expressions as I perceive them, but not necessarily the details.  I certainly don't want to get into worrying about getting a nose wrong.

I don't know where this is going,  It may be that no painting ever comes out of it, just a project I am indulging in over our winter break.

And where is everybody?


 

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the Puddle Girls. They are like old friends. It's good to see them back again...and to see what you do with them this time. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to see where this leads you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the puddle girls too. Limited palette of cobalt, burnt sienna, yellow ochre and neutral tint. I didn’t pay attention to their faces. If I can remember how to post I’ll try to do so.

    ReplyDelete