Saturday, January 8, 2022

Elaine O. — January 8, 2022

I've been ringing in the new year with a hodgepodge of things. I've revisited the Strathmore panorama paper to see if the problem was only with the first sheet, the whole pad, or me. This is the beginning of a painting of a glass sculpture in the Boston Fine Arts Museum.

 

I've also made a tenuous resolution to declutter (and not just my art supplies!). So, I've started a sketchbook wherein I do small quick sketches of things I'm saying goodbye to. That way, I have the memories but I don't have to dust them! More next week!

6 comments:

  1. Painting glass, always a brave undertaking, but I expect you can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, Elaine. But whoa, a glass sculpture, Chihuly no less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing that helped me painting glass was the instruction to paint dark to light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of sketching your discards. The different things you paint will only add to your painting inventory of colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete