Sunday, January 30, 2022

The Old Master


 I finished this in class yesterday, spending a great deal of time on the buildings and the blinds ( much to Pat’s chagrin…) They were  much too dark originally and competed with the main subject. I probably removed as much paint as I left on. But this paper is amazing. It’s Stonehenge Aqua Coldpress Heavy 300lb. Very durable, no pilling or buckling after multiple soakings, blotting and brushing to remove paint.I might go in a darken a few more bricks, but otherwise I’m happy with it.

5 comments:

  1. I think we should each take a picture of another student and paint a portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you even got his painting! I like the way Ken and his painting's organic curved lines contrast with the gridded background. Does this 300 lb. paper soak up the color like others seem to? Your colors seem very vibrant and lively. I feel like I'm right there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice composition with the indoor and out the window. Still think you made my butt too big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way cool. I love paintings with other paintings in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahem, I believe it was moi that suggested you re-look at the top half of your painting to bring it into alignment with the bottom half. Regardless, you have created an ambitious masterpiece of the old master in the act.

    ReplyDelete