Sunday, September 8, 2024

September 7, 2024 — Elaine O.

I still haven't decided on my next painting, so I'm searching for inspiration in my sketchbook. I've played some more with separating/granulating colors, using the honesty plant and just trying to create some of my own mixes.



Back to direct watercolor, I've tried quick portraits...


...and a cityscape. This is a church door in Paris. I loved the bright red against the stone facade, with the black accent in the iron fencing. I'm considering doing this as a full painting.


It was good to be back painting with the group! Oh, for reference, all of the above are about 8" x 5.5". 

4 comments:

  1. The honesty plant is lovely. What if you used two or three of the different mixes in one painting, creating more variation? Love the portrait and yes, the church is definitely worth your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like honesties with that white background, though maybe they could have had the wispiest clouds floating tremulously behind them.

    I like the top studies the best because they have the most granulation.

    Nice work on the kid..

    I always love it when you do something architectural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 ways to paint those plants and I enjoy all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great studies, all of them. Your good at everything you try, Elaine. From fragile, delicate plants, to direct, fresh portraits, and architecture wonders, oh my.

    ReplyDelete