Saturday, October 24, 2020

Almost Famous: Quarantine Couple!

 Today's painting is a happy memory of a garden visit in Manila. Fast forward: my husband & I endured 3 days quarantine at Advocate 4 days after 6 hour layover at Incheon airport, South Korea on the way from Philippines to Chicago. While on treatment for his pneumonia, the ICU nurse teased us that Tony would be famous as patient #7 in Illinois  if found positive for the virus. We wailed we did not want to be famous! The quarantine stay was one of the traumatic moments of my life that in order to survive the stress I thought of recent memories that made me happy & safe. This garden visit in Manila with close friends is one of these lovely events pre pandemic, no morbid thoughts of dying, no distress in breathing! We survived the quarantine!!This too shall pass!!


6 comments:

  1. Susan, I notice you've been moving people to be the main subject of your paintings instead of being supporting characters to an event or story. Your portraiture skills are really being showcased this way. I love the color and style you bring to these portraits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that time. Your painting is perfectly delightful. Everything about it, colors, patterns, textures, composition...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely painting of the two of you! I like how you’ve emphasized the people but you haven’t sacrificed your love of patterns- the background, his shirt, your shoes, the bricks — it all just sings. And the two of you together are so comfortable— portrait of a happy marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Elaine and Sara that your people are coming to the fore. They used to be always far a away where the slightest brush touches made the face, but now they are fully formed and I like them. Also like the way your background is bold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both Greeta and I are appreciating your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. Full of life as if you’re ready to jump up and go onto the next thing.

    ReplyDelete