Sunday, April 19, 2020

Greeta and I down south

I lost my first post the first time I tried to post to the blog so I’m trying again.

Greeta and I started talking art classes but those were shut down shortly after we got here. One of our instructors did give us direction on social media but we decided that she shouldn’t do it for free and stopped.

I painted on Yupo for awhile but the humidity made it hard to paint as it wouldn’t dry so things I tried to do didn’t work so I started painting on this inexpensive paper I bought at Blick. It’s Fabriano 140 lb 25% cotton and I really like it.

This hibiscus was painted on it



We are safe and warm and living in a lovely place but we miss you and our places.

Alan and Greeta

2 comments:

  1. I bought a huge pad of that stuff, sixty pages at a very attractive price and I just hate it, hard to say why, it just seems too slick somehow. I guess i am just a Strathmore kind of guy. Sometimes I think I should experiment with something else, but nobody else makes an 18x24 pad. Actually I have noticed that the website doesn't carry it. Too hard to ship maybe. I have maybe ten sheets of it and if I use them up before it is over I guess I will be one of those idiots carrying on under my MAGA hat. Not really, just wanted to shock.

    Nice background behind the hibiscus, deep with the scattering of colors.

    When are we going to see Greeta's work? I am hoping turtles are involved but I will take what I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has a yupo-esque feel to it...kinda.
    Did you know that's want happened at Truman. They cancelled watercolor after first postponing it a few weeks. Then cancelled summer session too. That's how everyone that was registered for class ended up posting here instead (except for the brand new students). And Susan. Don't know yet what has happened to her. Good to see you and Greeta are safe and sound and painting too.

    Not to mention, where is the rest of class today?!

    ReplyDelete