Saturday, April 25, 2020

April 25, 2020 — Elaine O.

Here's the last of the mudras!


With that, I began a painting of today's birthday girl. Yes, it's going to be very pink!


This was rather a busy week, and the sketchbook suffered. This is a pen and ink sketch out of a side/back window.


The view from the next window, this one in direct watercolor...


... and here's the reason for this week's upheaval. This is a quick sketch of our new refrigerator. We spent a good bit of time listening to the old one die, shopping for a new one (quite an adventure!), and playing food Tetris as we filled the newly installed fridge.

You can't tell from the sketch, but we mis-measured slightly and wound up getting a slightly smaller unit. It works, though! Maybe next week, I'll throw open the doors, bask in the cool breezes and sketch the insides. There's something strangely attractive about a newly packed and neatly organized refrigerator.


4 comments:

  1. ooo, I like this mudra, very strong and the 3 colors work well together. Does that mean you're done with them? Did she take two or is this project done for now? The beginning portrait looks smug as a bug in a rug. And pink too. Still luv those out the window sketches. Even the frame outline you make, works. And the little frig sketch. Do you have a before and after sketch? This one looks just like ours. Only we don't have that water thing on the outside. Good thing your measurement erred on the smaller end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! She's supposed to look sweet, not smug! Well, it's early days, so maybe it will work out.

    I didn't do a before sketch of the fridge. I only thought of that after they hauled it away. I seem to remember sketching the old one when it was brand new. I'll have to see if I can dig that up. But, honestly, it looks the same, but bigger--and a lot quieter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah I think you have the hand nailed. Is there going to be another in the series?

    I'm picking up an R Crumb vibe from that view outside your window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mudra the colors on just gorgeous such a difference between your pen & ink and direct wc window sketches Love the detail on the first one & the mood of the second. The first one could be a New Yorker cover!
    FYI it took me 2 days to figure out how to comment. I don’t know why I get locked out of comments (I certainly have enough to to say...) sometimes but I find clearing my browser history fixes it

    ReplyDelete