Sunday, November 1, 2020

Strangely, I call this one the Big Blue House.  Got this walking in one of many small towns in Michigan during this mess.  Painted on 140.



I didn't like these dirty martinis, although I did really enjoy drinking them.  So I fixed them.  This is on stretched canvass with a coating of white Gesso.  It was easier to modify than regular 140 lb. paper but not as easy as Yupo. I like this surface but it also has a mind of its own so sometimes you just have to go with it and modify your original intent.



This is the Yupo version of the early Autumn scene at the lake.


A reflection in my friend's lily pond on Yupo




 

7 comments:

  1. I am in love with the last one! It's interesting to see the difference in the lake scene when it's on Yupo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can we add Greeta as a follower?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan, she can just click the "follow" button to follow. I also checked to be sure she still has author permissions. Some things got lost when Blogger made some changes a few months ago. I didn't see her, so I sent her an invite to be an author. That should do it, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Big Blue House really gets showcased by that yellow-greenery surrounding it. I do enjoy the homey backgrounds you include with your drink portraits. Interesting how you were still able to capture the calmness of the lake scene even on Yupo. And the lily pond in Yupo can't be beat. Do more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something Hopperesqye about the house and the cocktail. When I fist saw the lake scene I was all like how is that different from the one on paper and then I enlarged it and holy shitski. Oh how I miss seeing the paintings in person.

    Like the lilies. What is that yellow stuff? How about that light area on the left? Is that in the painting or is it in the way it was lit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yellow is just a color choice. In the original it was just a yellow lily pad.

      The way it was lit but I really liked it.

      Delete