Saturday, November 14, 2020

Sara’s wacky watercolors...


 This one’s not so wacky. I got the effect I wanted, with the gloomy inside and the riot of color outside. It’s  6x9. But it’s a little too fussy outside too...


Now this one is pretty wacky. This is what happened when all the leaves blew off.I ruined the shadow tree on the building, so I just took out my watercolor pencils and these pastel pencils I have called createcolor and went to town! It was kind of fun.I especially like the the color and darkness I achieved inside on the window. 6x8.


Now these are pretty wacky. My sketch captures us pretty well, imo. And the painting has its own wacky charm...it just amazes me how differently the sketch and the painting  turn out. 9x12. It’s all very weird & wacky!

4 comments:

  1. I love the first one with the contrast between the colors and the greyscale. I’ve often thought of doing the outside thru the inside. Even just the inside might be a nice idea with winter coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the first one. I especially like that the inside has received the same care as the outside—the light spill and the highlights on the chair. I want to be there watching out that window. The second window looks like an abstraction or a cubist take on the season. I keep wanting to look more—I think it's the textures. And you're right about the dual portrait. The sketch captures you both perfectly and the painting has a distinct charm. In both, though, you look a little more faded than Joe. His edges and values are darker. Is that deliberate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look fun. The first one works well with the intensity of detail and color against the soft subtleness of the interior. Yea, that was a great idea to just go for it with on 2nd one and use the other materials to make it work. And you did. You got the essence of the portraits in the sketch, but you also got another aspect of it in the painting. In terms of proportion of it, it's just that the slant of her head is more straight rather than tilted back. But it still has the overall affect of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the indoors outdoors too. The outdoors has more form than usual and it needs that to stand up to the inside which is very well formed. Kind if look like Joni Mitchell, you're a country station you're a little bit corny you're a wild wood flower.

    ReplyDelete