Saturday, August 26, 2023

Drama in the Backyard….



 The top one is small, 5x8, and the bottom one is 9x12.When painting these I was thinking about creating a sense of drama thru light and dark.They are both somewhat successful, the top one maybe more so, but it also has a little narrative going on with the toes and drink.The bottom one there’s more of a feeling rather than a story conveyed — last bloom, last light of summer. Even though it’s less successful, that’s more of what I’m trying to achieve.

3 comments:

  1. Those shadows make the paintings... both of them. The top one is definitely more dramatic, but the softer shadows create the mood in the bottom one. I like the composition of the top one, the horizontal lines of the objects, ground and foliage. The toes call to mind all those selfies of toes on the beach and automatically say "relaxation." I like both of these a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of them but the horizontal composition made it less interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you paint so small? Well none of my business. Nice composition but are you texting somebody with your toes. I like the vase on the bottom. Is it a mosaic, Maybe you could do vases without plants, they just don't seem to have the dignity.

    ReplyDelete