Saturday, May 20, 2023

The Half Shell in Biloxi

 The photo was taken from my seat at the bar. This building was once a bank and survived Katrina. I like to sit near the shucker/griller and watch him work. We’ve done a lot of research and have concluded this is the best place to have a drink and oysters. In this case, the guy might be adding up our tab. I wanted to capture the majesty of the building and the wild reflections on the enormous overhanging stainless steel exhaust system. Note the guy’s reflection…..which I did not realize until I was actually painting it. 

Going to try the shucker next. He’s out of the picture to the right where the color gets yellow/orange. 


1 comment:

  1. Great job on the textures, especially the steel and the frieze of bricks over the window. That is a huge expanse of steel, and the reflections really make it work. I also like the color palette you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete