Saturday, May 13, 2023

Alan in Chicago

 I spent some time repairing one of my first stained glass panels. I had to go down into my dark and dusty stained glass sudio and clean things up. By the time I was done I realized that I wanted to do more glass so I’m doing that but it cuts down on my watercolor time. 

Here’s the one I repaired. I never liked it but putting in a colorful border made it palatable and more stable.


I haven’t given up on watercolor though. This is the beginning of a watercolor of Front Beach and the Ocean Springs bridge on 140. 

 


Combining watercolor and stained glass this is the beginning of an interpretation of a Walter Anderson print of the king from his fairy tales for children series.


We’ll see if I can still do it. 


3 comments:

  1. I love the sky and sand in your watercolor. The Walter Anderson panel looks very promising. Do you do leading or copper foil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both. . The figure will be copper foiled and the background will be leaded to give it a stronger structure.

      Delete
  2. Like the composition of the front beach and that crunchy sky, but I think that giant on the right will need some adjustment, maybe you could lower his position a bit,

    ReplyDelete