Saturday, July 31, 2021

Sara’s Busy Week




I painted the tree earlier this week-not sure why I felt the need to revisit trees…I painted Quinn & Andrew this morning. Babies are hard - no wrinkles, porcelain skin, no hair. I think I’m going to paint this again on better paper…




 

I revisited some earlier paintings that I like but am not quite satisfied with.  On the daffodils, I lightened the cross on the table, but darkened everything else. I also darkened the wall on the left hand side of the painting - improved is first, before is second. Definitely helped pop the vase and flowers. 

I framed The Madonna but not before I gave her a golden outline halo. I had to do it. In fact I’m going to go in and make the baby’s halo more prominent.

Improved is first, earlier version second on grandma and the baby. I’m just darkening the figures. The colors seem so washed out. Possibly because it’s on hot press. Busy, busy, busy….

No comments:

Post a Comment