Friday, July 16, 2021

Misty Gorge, Ten Year Old Sketch

 I resurrected a 10 year old sketch of Misty Gorge during the Yangtze River Cruise with my Accounting sorority for my July 17 painting! The sketch was done with a fine point black  pentel pen! It included the colors I saw during the river cruise: indigo, light burnt sienna, sap green, olive green & yellow ochre & the printed words became part of the scenery. I painted rays of the sun using artist tape, creating 3 rays of sun beam. When I removed the artist tape prematurely, the middle sun beam had a slight paper tear & the imperfection became a cloud break! Things happened! I enjoyed this piece since I invented the colors needed for the parts with no color reminders! Be inspired & paint happy  memories! Pandemic is still around!


No comments:

Post a Comment