Saturday, July 31, 2021

A Sense of Place: The Navy Pier

 I visited Navy Pier with a nephew, last Tuesday of June. The improvements done during the pandemic closing were tremendous especially with a brand new hotel. This was my first recreational outing in 15 months. The luxuriously breathtaking ferr


is wheel ride hurts @ $18, but the Navy Pier with the panorama of the skyscrapers & the turquoise waters of the lake plus the enthusiastic vibes of tourists, native or imported is a keeper. The walk from the entrance to the end of the Pier was a long walk of comfort & green. The Riverwalk was sheltered by a never ending canopy of trees. I painted an underpainting of Hansa yellow for the canopy of trees on Friday  night. I started the main painting on Saturday morning @ 8 a.m. & was done by 11 a.m. I focused on families of tourists who seemed shock & delighted to be out in the open, after a long hiatus & obviously before this Delta variant started exploding! Thus in this painting, only one young teenager was wearing a mask. I hope I conveyed the sense and scent of summer has just started! Happy Painting to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment