Friday, May 14, 2021

Twelve Roses: Sun&Sea, Sky&Earth

 I painted the 12 roses with baby's breath that my husband gave me over the weekend! As a prep, I read various reference books on flowers. Although they were helpful, the test was in the actual painting: the petals & leaves, each bud with a separate personality, each leaf has its own dance moves. The flowers are 4 co


lors: quina red, pyrrol crimson, orange, blue. The leaves are burnt sienna, ultra blu, yellow, burnt umber. The baby's breath was courtesy of masking fluid. I eliminated the flower vase when I arranged the flowers for  painting & the point of view was looking. down at the arrangement. For the background, I used quina gold & turquoise green. The background could be reversed, with the blue as the sky & the burnt orange, the land. Happy Painting to All!

2 comments: