Saturday, May 1, 2021

Summer Solstice Redux

 In June 2012, the Watercolor Class had a painting party at the backyard of fellow artist Vivian, Ken's sister at Exmoor, Kenilworth to celebrate Summer Solstice. It was a warm wonderful artsy day, when we were 9 years younger!. As a beginner, I tended to include all of what my eyes could see, hence 7 pine trees, lots of foliage & the massive roof detail of the neighbor's house. I was not able to edit & discriminate which was the focus of the painting. Yesterday, I found this 2012 painting among my art files & tweaked the upper part of the art work: by darkening parts of the fence, varied the sides of the pine trees, toned down some foliage & trees, put shadows underneath the roofs, installed a bigger window on the attic.I have to do some more work on the lower part of the 18" x 24". According to our fellow artist Elaine O in  2012, it was an " impressionistic"  take or approach on the summer celebration. I hope I retained the same spirit of 2012 after some tweaking in 2021. Enclosed are 2 versions! Sidebar: The Chicago Alliance of Visual Artists or CAVA has a juried members show at Edgewater ArtSpace, 1101 W. Granville. Gallery hours:  May (Fridays) 4:30 to 7; Sat. Sundays May 1 to 23: 12  to 4  Annual Membership fee: $50. I submitted: 3 Faces of Sun! Happy Painting!



No comments:

Post a Comment