Saturday, December 12, 2020

Essence Enhanced

I am grateful for teacher Pat for giving us 3 styles of portait interpretations! I wish I could be as confident as these inspiration artists. In my desire to share my latest painting tribute with mutual friends with an "almost likeness" product, I realigned the facial features of the Dec 5 painting, thru nights of burning Comed. I have to stop somehow,  life goes on! Enclosed also is the reference photo! I appreciate my fellow artist for encouraging feedback on my portrait endeavors. I usually painted landscapes & figures with barely there poses in only 3 hours only, our art class sked. To a beginner, portrait or figure art is an unforgiving & demanding world of patience & long hours, no half day job! An unexpected gift of pandemic 2020 is : " I have all the time in the world"! Thanks all fellow artists for helping maintain Showtime! A lighthouse on a stormy sea!



3 comments:

  1. She seems like such a warm and sweet person...I think you've got more of the smile in her eyes on the second attempt. But I like the clarity of the modeling on the first attempt. I think either one is a success! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured her in both portraits, this one looks a little more fully realized. The thing I’ve learned about painting portraits is, at some point, you have to leave the reference photo behind and focus on making it a good painting. And the sooner you do that, the better. I also learned a lot watching the British show Portrait Artist of the Year. I used to find the episodes on YouTube, but not so much anymore. Sometimes I google it and find old episodes. It’s very instructive watching professional painters struggle to get a likeness just like we do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she looks fine, she has that sunny smile. You know people look diferent from photo to photo so why does it matter how close your portrait gets to one photo?

    ReplyDelete