Saturday, May 28, 2022

End of May

 I did a little work on the martini. Just a quick sketch. I’ll be looking at “how to draw ovals” on YouTube in the near future


Here’s a great summer treat.

Ingredients:

  • Gin – 2 oz
  • Simple syrup – 1 oz ( I used blue agave)
  • Freshly squeezed lemon juice – 1 oz
  • Soda water 
  • Lemon slice and maraschino cherry to serve

Method:

  1. Throw 4 ice cubes into a cocktail shaker and pour in the gin, simple syrup, and lemon juice. 
  2. Give everything a good shake until it’s super cold. 
  3. Fill a highball glass with ice and pour in the cocktail mixture. 
  4. Top up with soda water before garnishing with the lemon slice and maraschino cherry.

Here it is sitting in our backyard. 

I’ve always liked this picture of irises on my lakeshore in Michigan. This is a really quick painting on Yupo that I’m having a lot of fun with because I got to use several different techniques so far. It might be done. 


Hopefully we’ll see you next session. 






5 comments:

  1. Here is my recipe for a cooling summer drink. 1. Take the Brown Line to Irving Park. 2. Walk east to Ashland. 3. Turn right and enter 3931 N Ashland. 4. Take a bar stool. 5. Ask for a Daisy Cutter.

    I see now that the thing on the right of the martini is part of a fence maybe?

    Like the ice in the Tom Collins.

    Not sure what the stuff on the bottom is but I like it.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cherry for the drink. Matted grass for the flowers.

      Delete
  2. It’s just 2 trees and the end of the patio. The bad perspective is throwing you off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes it look like like there is some kind of lip on the right side of the martini glass, I would lose it.

      Delete
  3. You really have a way of capturing that cloudy frosty feeling of a cool drink on a lazy summer day. Doesn't really matter if the ovals aren't perfect, as long as the sensation is right. Nice color choices for all, and good to see Yupo make a return. That's a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete