Saturday, April 24, 2021

Elaine O.—April 24, 2021

Here's the beginning of a new series...actually, two! This is a waterlily from our vacations in northern Wisconsin. I had fun painting it and rather like the 30's vibe, so I think I'm going to do a few more. 

Mercer Water Lilies    9" x 12"

It seems I've also inadvertently begun a series of Forgotten and Unloved Colors. I've been going through my paint tubes and using ignored, forgotten or unloved colors with the purpose of using them up, or seeing if I've changed my mind. Last time, I used Light Red; this painting features Terre Verte and Lunar Black. It seems I like the colors and properties much more than I remember so I don't think this is going to be a successful attempt to pare down my paint collection!

1 comment:

  1. A lovely languid composition, but the leaves are the real stars of the show. I have Terre verte and rarely use it because it’s almost gritty, but it works well here. Like the edges of the leaves in the water - really creates the movement.

    ReplyDelete