Saturday, April 17, 2021

Boni and Lete Redux

 Today's painting is an attempt to paint in the style of  ala Cezanne: Man with a Straw   Hat by using the same pair I painted last week as the Homestead couple. I used purple & blue colors from the inspiration painting for the pants. I painted the floor in violet and green. I mixed the colors for the wife's blouse like the multicolored shirt of  Cezanne's model. For the background, I painted the colors with no definition like the walls, windows or a room. I found it liberating!  I did define the chairs like the reference. I am satisfied with the faces as if  I am connected with the cousins. Thanks teacher Pat for introducing me to Cezanne and that I could express my art in my own way ala Suzanne ( smile for the day)!


2 comments:

  1. Great idea... recreating a painting in the style of a master.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are lovely but I miss your wonderful patterns and textures...

    ReplyDelete