Friday, April 23, 2021

Alan



 I worked on my portrait a little bit. I had already applied fixatif so it was hard to make small changes. 


I worked on The Big Maple a little bit and did another by doing the yellow background first and then cutting in the tree. I made the bark a little rougher. I might try it again in winter with snow. 




I’m going to paint some landscapes from my youth. This is from the lighthouse pier in Grand Haven. My grandfather and I used to fish here first thing in the morning and catch buckets of pearch. There’s a lot of detail work to be done. This is watercolor on canvas which give me a lot of room for adjustment. 







3 comments:

  1. Portrait is really nice - very evocative and wistful. Both trees are great, altho I favor the second one for its powerful yellows and the muted purples. You’ve painted a lovely shadow of the lighthouse and the cement colors. The colors are just so beautiful- interesting to see what the details add. Did you treat the canvas beforehand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gessoed 1 coat. I think I’ll try more coats sometime.

      Delete
    2. Gessoed 1 coat. I think I’ll try more coats sometime.

      Delete