Saturday, July 11, 2020

July 11, 2020—Elaine O.

This is done! Yes, it's Dave, reading. I'm pretty happy with most of it; there's a stillness to him that I'm not crazy about, though. Something to work on going forward.


And now, a glimpse into my sketchbook. A long time ago, I started a new sketchbook with a lockdown project to sketch out all my windows. Here are the last two windows... the pantry and the second bedroom. I guess that means lockdown is over...  or it's time for a new project.



I even returned to one window to document yesterday's project... a new air conditioner! It went in successfully, but with just enough cursing and blood (the insert circle is a bloody handprint) to make it an official home project. There is a dented edge on the outside—we have no idea how that happened, but the air conditioner works, so we're just never going to look at it from outside again!









4 comments:

  1. Dave looks so mellow, 5 o'clock shadow and all. Definitely a lockdown portrait. There's a nice quality of light about it. Daylight. Project complete with all the window views. Well, lockdown is still going on, maybe it'll have to be seasonal views out each window now. Nice detail insert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dave’s portrait - the color palette sets the mood. I know that look too. He’s watching something on tv and trying to figure out if he’s seen it before or not...

    These sketches seem much looser than your earlier ones.More about the marks, less about the color. I like the ac unit with the blinds.and the open door to the pantry. All are nicely composed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the look on Dave's face, but his shirt/robe and the couch seem to overmatch him.

    I like the windows, the somewhat roving lines and the light touch of the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all! The Dave portrait is very thoughtful, or maybe a bit disappointed in tonight's tv viewing choices? Your sketch paintings have a great spontaneity. Maybe someday I'll have the guts to try doing a few like that.

    ReplyDelete