Monday, October 14, 2024

Pretending There’s Fall Color

 Attended a workshop at Bill Bartelt’s studio. The plan was to walk around and take photos, then work in the studio. No color, so we worked from his photo collection.. I love Bill’s work and his method of doing short demos and roaming around with advice and then displaying and discussing the work was effective.  Google him. However his studio is small and there were 10 students!  Had been to his studio during art walks, so I was thinking his limit must be 5 tops.   

Maybe I’ll devote this fall  to painting trees.   Looking at this photo I can see some branch work to be done….and leaves ….where are the leaves. 

5 comments:

  1. Maybe you want to do more branches/leaves, but I don't miss that level of detail. You've really caught the brilliance of the colors of fall, particularly the way the light comes through. I'd call this a success. A whole series of fall trees would be magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused. Did you walk around and take photos and then paint from his black and white collection? Nice orange but I don't understand that blue tunnel in the lower right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Art is not meant to be understood.

      Delete
    2. No color outside so we used his color photos.

      Delete
  3. I like the abstract nature of this composition and the way it’s painted, the soft looseness of the colors and brushstrokes.

    ReplyDelete