Saturday, August 14, 2021

Fiore di Andersonville #I

 Andersonville is a walker's paradise during summer. From Gethsemane Garden at Ardmore to Foster Avenue, Clark Street & side streets are lined with flower boxes which defined the boundaries of the outside eating areas of restaurants & cafes. The business owners chose what flora are planted into these mini gardens & the resulting smorgasbord of colors & fragrance is manna from heaven. This particular flower box in front of an Italian restaurant at Berwyn with its yellow & red blossoms caught my attention. The sun light which filters thru the trees, makes the viewer focus on its beauty & composition. I painted an underpainting of yellow, red & blue. This box of beauty makes one enjoy the burden of increased real estate taxes of the area! I will miss the Art Zoom today! My family will be at an Accountants' annual picnic at Westmont! 


No comments:

Post a Comment