Saturday, August 28, 2021

elaine t / Aug 28 / KA pond

I ordered an out-of-print book called "Transparent Watercolor Wheel: A Logical and Easy-to-use System for Taking the Guesswork out of Mixing Colours" just before I went into the hospital iin May. Most of the time, when I buy a how-to art book, I skip around the chapters to read what seems immediately interesting. I'm approaching this one more like a text book, and reading a couple of pages every day. I feel like I'm learning a lot about pigments and mixing!

I wanted to use a lot of green this time, so I'm working on the pond by the KA ranger station. I'm fairly happy with the technical aspects, but it feels kind of saccharine in style. I think I'm going to work on some zombies and cryptids this fall to shake things up!



2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Maybe the hand of the creature from the black lagoon thrusting out of the water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the variety of textures, but you’re right, it’s a bit sweet. Maybe a zombie floating face up in the pond?

    ReplyDelete