Maybe a little more work on the big shadow. I used Daniel Smith Shadow Violet (which is always a surprise when it dries) and dropped in some Peacock Blue.
You did put in the lattice work after all. I'm glad! This is beautiful, just as it is. The shadows make it. You can see the bright sun hitting the window and the cool shadows from the trees. It makes you want to be there. If I were First Slice, I'd buy this or license it for my website and lots of merch.
I like the lattice, works well with the stripes. Yes, the shadows really make it. I might lighten the building in the background, especially the windows. They kind of compete too much with the cafe.
Early morning on the Fourth of July. People walk by just after dawn to stake out a good spot on the parade route, maybe a slice on the way home, oh what the hell, take the whole pie. Yes to the blue lattice, yes to the red striped awning, and the yes to the mysterious shadows on the front windows.
You did put in the lattice work after all. I'm glad! This is beautiful, just as it is. The shadows make it. You can see the bright sun hitting the window and the cool shadows from the trees. It makes you want to be there. If I were First Slice, I'd buy this or license it for my website and lots of merch.
ReplyDeleteI like the lattice, works well with the stripes. Yes, the shadows really make it. I might lighten the building in the background, especially the windows. They kind of compete too much with the cafe.
ReplyDeleteEarly morning on the Fourth of July. People walk by just after dawn to stake out a good spot on the parade route, maybe a slice on the way home, oh what the hell, take the whole pie. Yes to the blue lattice, yes to the red striped awning, and the yes to the mysterious shadows on the front windows.
ReplyDelete