Saturday, November 20, 2021

"Who Me?": Feisty Lady by SS

 So many moons ago, I took a photo of her, after a satisfying lunch. At that time, she was starting to solve her daily "find a word" puzzle. I asked her, am surprised she still enjoy her puzzles, at her age of 92 & having survived a major hip surgery! She answered my impertinent inquiry with a dialect phrase "Ako Pa?", roughly translated "Who Me?". For her, it was a "no brainer", she could still do puzzles, because she used to beat us at Scrabble! My secured universe fell apart, when some weeks after that she "transitioned" the day before Thanksgiving. During the 2 decades of amazing company with her, here in Chicago, all my previous attempts to paint or draw her likeness elicited a "does not look like!" response. Thus, on this pandemic November of 2021, I knew that in my newly found techniques that I got her likeness!  I acknowledged & respected the existence of the lines, shadows, folds & perfect imperfections of her wonderful life! What a lovely surprise to start Thanksgiving 2021!


No comments:

Post a Comment