Saturday, November 27, 2021

Stinkbug



Spent a whole morning looking for a bug, and then the marmolated stinkbug caught my eye.  Have you ever seen a more beautiful bug?  Of course you haven't.  I suspect that the second photo is highly photoshopped, and I have been torn between the more natural bug on the left and the stylized one on the right though I am leaning strongly towards the stylized.

I haven't gotten it to the big paper yet, and here are my studies.  I think I am going with the design in the lower left using that square inside a diamond within a square within a diamond...  thing.  I am always interested in the battle between order and randomness, and this bug has it in spades.  I am tired of spending my mornings planning when I'd rather be painting, and I am hoping to get the big paper out Sunday, maybe Monday.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment