I just like putting paint on paper. I really should be an oil painter where you can build up textures. Seems too messy tho….i just like adding more colors and shapes to see what happpens. I significantly darkened the background in the flower painting and gave it a few highlights. I have these figs an orange bowl at home andijust love the color contrast.


You do get me after all. That is precisely why I paint. Like a kid stepping into a mud puddle, I love to see the colors swirl around and into each other. Even more fun on yupo, and adding dishwashing soap, and I have been doing that often lately, crazy Man crazy. Putting down paint is not the means to a masterpiece. The masterpiece is the excuse for putting down the paint.
ReplyDeleteLove both of these and much of what you have been doing lately. They have a 50's supernatural vibe. Which is crazy Man crazy.
Meant to say surreal, but I guess supernatural works just as well.
ReplyDeleteThose figs are magnificent! The colors just glow...as does the plant. Darkening the background made the green even more luminous. That's what is missing in oils...the luminosity.
ReplyDeleteMy gosh, you people get up early!
ReplyDelete