Saturday, September 4, 2021

elaine t / Sept 4

I'm really looking forward to in-person classes next week!

I finished the pond. It does give me the peaceful feeling of being there



I started on a deep sea anglerfish. More darkness will go into the background, and probably a cyan highlight around the body. I may do some lifting on thr body to bring out the 3D feel. It's OK, but not quite the menace I'd like it to convey. I think a redo is in order. My son suggested I try doing it in Joan Cho's technique, which is to do a simple waterproof ink drawing, saturate sections of the paper with water, then touch a charged brush to the water and see what happens.




1 comment:

  1. Quite a difference in the moods of the two paintings! I agree about the pond. Instant relaxation and serenity. That anglerfish already looks scary--and I'm picturing the kind of atomic glow you gave Flash Gordon. Can't wait to see the final... in person!

    ReplyDelete